Wednesday, March 13, 2013

This is what dreams are made of!

Last night....

[March 12, 2013]
ok...let me just start with the night before that...suddenly I was re-inspired by all things fashion. I really don't know what happened [oh, yeah I do lol...the fashion show had me all motivated]...but it can only mean great things...

I was doing a bit of shopping therapy and putting together a few Facebook posts, when I decided to browse the university blog. I saw that the next evening would be a styling show theme of "Sexy House Maids". 

There was no hesitation whatsoever...I spent rest of that evening searching for an outfit that displayed classic, but stylish. 

The next day, I perfected my Huddles, with poses that complimented the style, and especially the duster in my right hand...found a walk that didn't drop my hands into the prims of my skirt, added a bit of jewelry, corrected the skin-tone of my N-Core prim feet, and off I went to the show at five o'clock!

I got up and shook out all my nerves a few times, while waiting for my turn to walk. That's the most hilarious part...I get so worked up right then, each time. It's such a rush,...an awesome feeling...indescribable...but so much fun! 

So I know we are called in turn to catwalk, by alphabetical order...but somehow I went next to last...which means we went in order still, but from "Z-A" instead of the opposite. That made me even more of a ball of nerves! But I LOVED it all the same. 

Everyone looked the part, in some way...I had my camera angle set on each of the other contestants, as their turns came and went. Then it was my turn. Aaaaahhh! By then, I was screaming inside! 

Pulled myself together...step out...cue pose, [the pose I picked for default, is the one that gave me the confidence to do  the show that night at all. Click here to check it out!]  first pose, second pose, third pose, cue pose...breathe!...good to go...second dot...seventh dot! Styling card post!...and done! 

Seeing Ms. Janet clapping was the highlight of my night really...standing on a dot off to the side..I waited 'til the last contestant walked..."time to announce the winners"...they said...Third place, Mrs. Ebony Baxton. Second place, Boogiie..."...wait, WHAT!!!! :D I. was. FLOORED. 

Wow! Words cannot express the excitement that too place on my side of the computer screen that night! 

First place went to Ladysunfire Erin, and was well deserved with the walks and poses, and outfit, that she put together in relation to "the Walking Dead"...a.k.a zombie slaying. Anyways...that night will be a highlight for me for awhile. 

I look forward to many more fun-filled times of participation with the events of Classic With Style.

Picture of the winners of the night...
Left to Right: Left: Meeee! Boogiie Gossipgirl, 2nd place,
Middle: Ladysunfire Erin, 1st place
Right: Mrs. Ebony Baxton, 3rd place

WINNERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment