Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Back in the Groove : Steampunk FTW!

This past week I have been slowly settling into the flow of the advanced classes at UCWS. Friday was blog class...[my favorite], Wednesday will be Haute Couture, so be sure to visit my blog again for a post on the look that I created! Haute Couture will be the first real fashion statement I make in this session. I say that because, as I said before I came in on the middle of the curriculum this time. Monday was Steampunk fashion. I have "heard" of steampunk. Never, had I actually seen it. I can honestly say that I had absolutely no viewpoint on the particular style, before Monday's class. Luckily, that hour gave me a crystal-clear, and definitive, view.

 Summitt and Thrishia, before I knew where this was headed. 


 Ms. Janet, describing each piece of her selection for the particular '80s era.


From Left to Right: Summitt Beaumont, Thrishia Denver, and Zigrich Zsigmond's versions of steampunk styling for Monday's class.





This style reminds me of the movie "Oliver Twist"..."Willy Wonka"?..."A Tale of Two Cities"?...So funny how I can relate nearly anything to a book, a movie, or a song. All there is to say here, is that if I don't understand the steampunk theme after seeing these selections with my own two eyes...boy am I in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment